ARTICLE REPUBLICATION: McGraw Hill Education
Item: Blade article written by Roneisha Mullen, published February 5, 2012, "Dreams balanced against realities in choosing career", excludes photo and chart.
Authorized usage: Non-exclusive rights to be used in connection with: "Connect Writing Online Access", subject to the full Terms which can be seen by clicking "Additional Info"
IMPORTANT: Please click "Additional Info" below to review/print/save The Blade's Commercial Republication Permission Licensing Agreement specific to your request. You must agree to these terms before submitting payment.
Commercial Republication Permission
Company Name, Contact Name, Details, Business Address, Details:
McGraw Hill Education
℅ Diane Kraut, President
DK Research, Inc.
14 Mohegan Lane
Commack, NY 11725-4226
The Blade permits McGraw-Hill Education and its affiliates and licensees to use the Material, as set forth below
Material: Blade article written by Roneisha Mullen, published February 5, 2012, "Dreams balanced against realities in choosing career", excludes photo and chart. (the “Material”)
To be used in connection with: Connect Writing Online Access(the “Work”).
The Blade hereby grants MHE the non-exclusive right to use the Material in connection with the Work, subject to the Terms set forth below:
Work: includes all works of intellectual property developed by MHE in connection with the book(s), project, and/or program identified above, including, without limitation, textbooks, trade or custom books, study guides, test banks, instructor manuals, student or teacher edition, quizzes or answer books and other types of supplementary material, and new and revised releases of the foregoing, including state-specific versions, international editions, versions for students with disabilities, audio versions, translations, reprints, and adaptations published by MHE.
Term: Life of the Work
Media: All print and electronic media now known or hereafter devised
Incidental Promotional Use: Includes, without limitation: use in supplementary materials related to the Work prepared by an instructor, such as on the instructor’s own Website or displayed in the instructor’s classroom/lecture hall (but not for general public display or dissemination) in connection with a course taught by that instructor; and on covers of the Work and in marketing for the Work.
Credit Line: MHE will include a credit for the Material in the Work(s).
Warranty: The Blade represents and warrants that it has all rights necessary to grant to MHE the right to use the Material as provided in these Terms and use of the Material in the manner provided in these Terms will not violate the rights of any third party. The Blade agrees to indemnify MHE and its licensees and assigns from and against any and all liability, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of any breach of the warranties described herein.
Upon execution of this document, the terms herein will apply regardless of any contrary or other terms contained in any invoice or correspondence, even if MHE pays the invoice or signs the correspondence. The only valid terms in an invoice or other document shall be (1) identification of the Material to be used; 2) Identification of the Work in which the Material is intended to be used, and (3) the Initial Fee. All other terms shall be without any force or effect.
These Terms are governed by Ohio and New York law and constitute the entire understanding between MHE and The Blade as related to the Material licensed hereunder.
The only way to modify or amend these terms is to specifically cite the terms to be superseded in a writing signed by both parties.
EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BY LAW BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED, NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
Conditions for this permission:
- One-time use only as described above, print and electronic formats. Rights are not transferable to other projects or individuals without prior consent of The Blade.
- MHE may, in its editorial discretion, alter or modify the Material and determine the placement, manner and context in which the Material is used, provided that such alternations, modifications and/or placement does not alter the general meaning of the Material.
- Article reprints must include credit: © The Blade [date of original publication].
- Fee includes obtaining materials for republication and all Blade service fees relating to republication.
- Licensee acknowledges that some jurisdictions provide legal protection against a person’s image, likeness or property being used for commercial purposes without their consent. The Blade makes no representations or warranties as to whether or not any additional payments or fees may be due as a result of republication. Licensee shall be responsible for all additional fees and payments.
AUTHORIZED BY THE BLADE