PHOTO: Lucasville Riot
Item: The Blade archive historic file photograph of the Lucasville prison riot (BLADE ID: 20597553)
Authorized Usage: For use in documentary produced by Lightbox Media
IMPORTANT: Please click "Additional Info" below to review/print/save The Blade's Commercial Republication Permission Licensing Agreement specific to your request. You must agree to these terms before submitting payment.
Commercial Republication Permission
Date: 2016.09.13 Company Name, Contact Name, Details, Business Address, Details:
The Blade has granted permission to the company or publisher listed above for republication of the following material(s) subject to the conditions set forth below.
THIS AGREEMENT is made as of the day of August 2, 2016
BETWEEN: The Blade and Lightbox Media
(a) The Footage and Format: The Blade archive historic file photograph of the Lucasville prison riot (BLADE ID: 20597553)
(b) Length of Footage: inconsequential
(c) The Programme: LUCASVILLE
(d) Fee: $150
(1) The Owner hereby agrees to make the Footage available in the Format to the Producer for the purpose of the Producer selecting therefrom extracts which the Producer proposes but does not undertake to edit and reproduce (with or without soundtrack) and incorporate into the Programme.
(2) In the event that the Producer decides to include the Footage or part thereof in the Programme, in consideration of the Producer agreeing to pay the Fee as set out in (d) of the Schedule, the Owner hereby irrevocably grants to the Producer its licensees and assigns the non-exclusive right to edit, re-dub and reproduce the Footage and to incorporate any element thereof in the Programme and to exploit the same as part of the exploitation of the Programme by all means and in all media throughout the world in perpetuity and in any publicity for or promotion of the Programme. Any inclusion of the Footage as incorporated in the Programme in any extract from the Programme used in any comment or review programme shall not be deemed as additional exploitation and shall not attract any additional fee.
(3) The Owner warrants represents and agrees that:-
(a) the Owner is the sole exclusive owner of all rights in the Footage and is fully vested with all rights and
(b) nothing contained in the Footage infringes any right of any third party (including, but not limited to
(c) subject to the Producer removing any music contained in the Footage the Producer shall be under
(d) the Owner hereby indemnifies and shall keep the Producer so indemnified from and against any and consents necessary to enable it to enter into this Agreement and to grant the rights hereby granted. Where the Owner is the author of the Footage, Owner hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waives the benefits of any provision of law known as "moral rights" or any similar laws of any jurisdiction; copyright, moral/authors’ rights or any rights of privacy or publicity) nor will the exercise by the Producer of the rights hereby granted to the Producer infringe such rights; no obligation to give any credit(s) to, obtain any clearances, consents or waivers from or make any payment to any third parties (including, but not limited to, any photographer or any individual appearing in the Footage) in respect of any exploitation of the Footage hereunder; all costs proceedings claims damages, losses and liabilities, legal fees and any sums paid on the advice of counsel whatsoever suffered or incurred by the Producer as a result of any breach of any of the Owner’s warranties and agreements contained or implied under this agreement.
(4)The Producer agrees to:-
(a) pay the Owner in full and final consideration of the rights herein granted the Fee in respect of the
(b) obtain and pay for any music copyright licences in respect of any use by Producer of any music
© furnish the Owner (if the Owner so requests) with written details of the Footage actually incorporated total Footage actually incorporated in the final edited version of the Programme; contained in the Footage; in the final edited version of the Programme (including the total running time or number of feet in the
(5) The Owner understands that the Producer may use its personal details for the purpose of the promotion, exploitation and transmission of the Programme, and that this Agreement may affect the Owner’ rights under
(6) Each party to this Agreement will comply with all applicable laws relating to anti-corruption and anti-bribery, including the UK Bribery Act; and they will not perform, offer, give and receive bribes or corrupt actions in relation to the procurement or performance of this Agreement. For the purposes of this section, bribes or corrupt actions means any payment, gift, or gratuity, whether in cash or kind, intended to obtain or retain an advantage, or any other action deemed to be corrupt under the applicable laws.
(7) This Agreement supersedes all previous arrangements, understandings, representations or agreements between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation thereto and no variation of any of the terms or conditions hereof may be made unless such variation is agreed in writing and signed by both parties.
(8) If any provision of this Agreement is adjudged by a court to be void or unenforceable such provision shall in no way affect any other provision of this Agreement, the application of such provision in any other circumstance or the validity or enforceability of this Agreement and such provision shall be curtailed and limited only to the extent necessary to bring it within legal requirement.
(9) Nothing in this Agreement is intended to nor shall create any partnership or joint venture between the
(10) The Owner’s sole remedy for any breach by the Producer of its obligations hereunder shall be an action at law solely for damages and it is acknowledged and agreed that such damages are fully adequate to compensate Owner for any breach by the Producer, its licensees and assigns of this agreement. In no event shall Owner/ be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief against the Producer or its licensees and assigns.
(11) The parties agree that the provisions of this Agreement are personal to them and despite any rights which may be conferred on any third party, they are not intended to confer any rights of enforcement on that third party or any other third party. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Agreement
(12) This Agreement shall be construed and performed in all respects in accordance with and shall be governed by English Law and the parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Conditions for this permission:
• One-time use only as described above, print and electronic formats. Rights are not transferable to other projects or individuals without prior consent of The Blade. Materials must be used as published. Edited or altered material must be pre-approved.
• Article reprints must include credit: © The Blade [date of original publication].
• Fee includes obtaining materials for republication and all Blade service fees relating to republication.
• Licensee acknowledges that some jurisdictions provide legal protection against a person’s image, likeness or property being used for commercial purposes without their consent. The Blade makes no representations or warranties as to whether or not any additional payments or fees may be due as a result of republication. Licensee shall be responsible for all additional fees and payments.
AUTHORIZED BY THE BLADE